Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Canton Degin

Chapter 1.

You ask me whether I remember the story. Well I will answer with total and only truth of what really happened in Devinshire. It was one of those dark and rainy mornings, when I woke to the pounding of my door. I tried to rise but all the actions of the company from the night before, caused me to stumble to my feet. With half shut eyes I proceeded to the door. Opening it, and to my surprise saw Fredrick Degin.
He seemed very out of breath and worried. He talked to himself, and then took me by the shoulders and shook me, until I was fully woken and alert to listen to what he tried to say.
“William…” Fredrick stuttered out of breath.
“I need your immediate help! They will arrive soon.”
“Who?” I uttered.
“There is no time to explain, please help me escape” he urged.
I took him down stairs into the basement where I knew a safe passage, it once was an old mine. Before entering the mine for escape, Fredrick said:
“I will write to you and explain my situation in a week. The letter will be sent to my dear Aunt Helen. She will hold on to it until your arrival. But for now, farewell William Canton!” Silently leaving into the dark mine and only seen by the lantern, he was gone.
Just a few moments later the detective and his officers showed themselves in. They found me back in bed trying to get more sleep, they pulled my covers off and ordered me to reveal my friends whereabouts or location. I answer with…“I haven’t met with him lately. He is always out on business or out with family. We never talk anymore. Mind I ask why you’re looking for him?”
The detective answered, “He is responsible for a murder, if you see him, report him immediately!” After they left, I sat down to think through what just happened, feeling shocked that Fredrick could be capable of such actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...